We observed that airline baggage handlers often rip the permanently attached strap out of the frame of the suitcase, causing irreparable damage. To counter this, we have installed a removable strap with a much stronger clasp. You can quickly install the strap by threading it through new suitcase feet. Removing is just as easy, especially when you are visiting multiple wineries in an afternoon.
To make it easier and more flexible for consumers to pack a variety of bottle shapes and sizes, we have developed separate foam strips to create a level bottom (placed around the handle channels for the pull out handle) on both sides of the suitcase, making all the bottle inserts totally interchangeable. There is also a second top for the left side of the suitcase to accommodate additional volume just in case you want to pack smaller bottles. You can remove the second top if you don’t need it. To accommodate style bottles, there is a Burgundy shaped cavity. The Bordeaux shaped cavity has removable “shoulder” pads to fit Bordeaux-shaped bottles with larger shoulders snugly.
The VGV®03 is about 1.25 cm deeper on each side (compared to the original VGV®) to take heftier wine bottles such Syrah, Pinot and champagne. The additional depth makes it easier to pack and close the suitcase. This also decreases stress on the suitcase frame, interior and exterior zippers and the polyester covers on either side of the suitcase.
Hard Case Shell
We have upgraded the hard case shell to 2.4 mm thick, 100% polycarbonate. Polycarbonate has about twice as much impact strength as ABS. Polycarbonate is also twice as expensive as ABS, and offers superior protection for Stevenson’s “bottled poetry.”
We have added brand new stronger zippers, zipper pullers and zipper puller extenders to the VinGardeValise®Grande to make it easier to use, from gripping the zipper to closing the suitcase.
Another upgrade we’ve made is more fabric in the polyester cover for each side of the suitcase to make the VinGardeValise® easier to pack and zip closed.
We have repositioned the interior clasps to preclude them from hitting each other when closing the suitcase.
This has been upgraded to a stronger and more pliable outside name tag.
- Four 360° spinner wheels for easy movement and agile handling
- 100% sturdy and durable polycarbonate shell
- Heavy-duty corner guards
- Solidly built to specifically protect your wine
- Holds up to twelve 750ml bottles of most any shape, or ten 750ml and two Champagne or Champagne-like bottles
- Conforms to all applicable TSA, FAA, and airline luggage standards
- Durable to withstand rugged handling by airlines and other baggage handlers
- Flexible so that you can take from two to twelve bottles
- Space not used for wine can be re-purposed to accommodate clothes, books, or other travel goods
- Typically weighs between 43 to 50 lbs. fully packed with twelve 750ml bottles of wine
- The empty case weighs 13.5 lbs.
Use and Maintenance